Jeremy Savelle’s book The Prayer of Petition helped me write my own petition according to God’s eternal Word. If you choose to construct a similar petition, you will need to prepare. Here are the basic steps which you will want to incorporate in writing your own formal request:
· Trust Him in this process, and know that it is His will for you to be whole.
· Continue studying His Word, and your faith will grow stronger.
· Use your prayer weapons: the name of Jesus, the Word of God, and the Holy Spirit.
· Take time to seek your Healer and prepare your heart before you construct the petition.
· Remember, God’s Word is the final authority. Let His Word and the Holy Spirit guide you to specific scriptures to write.
· Write your request, and use it as a point of contact to release your faith to receive what you have asked for.
(My Journey to Healing, p. 21-22)